Saturday 3 December 2011

Cohesion Festival 2011




I have been playing with the Oxford Improvisers Orchestra since June & recently been involved in helping out with Cohesion Festival 2011 a special celebration marking the 10th Anniversary of Oxford Improvisers Orchestra.

Featuring 4 concerts in various venues in Oxford. The Newman Rooms, Jacqueline du Pré Music Building & Pegasus Theatre. With special guests including Wadada Leo Smith, Tunde Jegede, Hafeez Al-Karrar, Ahmed Abdul Rahman & many more including dancers, visual artists & full Orchestra. Pieces written by various members of the Oxford Improvisers. Also a special piece written by Wadada himself.




As well helping out I also contributed to the 'Boundaries' Piece put together by Bruno Guastalla & Malcolm Atkins. Including sound pieces for the foyer of the JDP taking part & performing in the piece.

I have enjoyed the experience of doing what I could to help out. I would like to thank Bruno, Malcolm & the rest of the commitee Julian Faultless, Anne Ryan, Pat Thomas & Alexander Hawkins for having me involved, they worked so hard to put the Festival together.

You can find out more about the Festival - HERE